After 15 years of building dopplers primarily for Cats we have now introduced the new DOG+ Doppler for BP and anaesthesia monitoring specifically for Dogs. The DOG+ does everything the CAT+ does but instead of having a size 1 cuff it comes with a big dog size 6 as standard. So everything you need straight from the box in a beautiful green colour DOG+ Doppler BP System… not just for dogs.
The DOG+ Doppler is the heart of the DOG+ BP kit, but you don’t have to have a whole kit to benefit. As well as taking blood pressure in clinics many of our clients simply tape the DOG+ on and listen to their patients pulse during anaesthesia.
Why choose the DOG+ Doppler Blood Pressure system
Whether measuring blood pressure in a clinic, in theatre or simply as a pulse quality monitor, the DOG+ gives you:
- The reassurance to prescribe
- Helps improve clients compliance; They can see the effect of your treatment
- Helps generate profits either as part of an ongoing screening program or as part of an anaesthetic fee
It’s as easy as 123…
Simply prepare the fur over the pulse you want to use; tail , brachial, radial or even femoral.
1. Swab the fur with alcohol (it gets the oil out), and apply a dollop of ultrasound gel
2. Lightly tape the probe over the pulse
3. Switch on and adjust the volume to suit
If your patients BP, pulse rate, or quality of pulse changes you will immediately hear it.
REMEMBER, you can also use your CAT+ Doppler for Blood Pressure determination or pulse quality monitoring during anaesthesia, as this article from Peter Dobromylsjy in Veterinary Practice explains.